Informational intent means that queries seeking for information about a topic, searching for exact answers for a question. So, users who have informational intent want to learn more about something.
You can consider all searches containing 5W questions as “informational intent”. For example, queries like “what is industry 4.0” or “when exactly is Christmas’s day” are exactly informational intent searches. Here are some examples of informational intent:
- scarlett johansson height
- how to care leather shoes
- what is buzzword
- china us time difference
What Are the Benefits of Informational Intent?
Even if informational intent mostly does not generate revenue for your business, it has some benefits for your brand:
- Visibility: Informational intent queries have high search volume and if you want visibility, they can be helpful.
- Trust: Useful information is a great way to build trust and show your expertise.
- Leads: If you’re running an e-commerce business, that may be not a good idea but if you’re looking for lead generation, content targeting informational intent may bring leads for your business.